August 28, 2010


A new Chapter in the Boddy family....

My husband is one of the greatest persons I have even known.

We have known each other since we were teenagers. We grew up together... so I know him really well.

He is kind, encouraging, and dedicated.

I would have to be honest in saying life has not always been smooth sailing... we got married in college, had Maddyn early in our marriage, and also moved half-way across the country for a job. (all changes we learned a lot through, and cherish today)

What a lot of people don't know... is Robbie was in school while we made all of these huge changes.

It was not easy, but we made it. Then after Robbie graduated from College... he made a new goal: His MASTERS.

I thought "You are finally done, we can finally see each other and do things.. and you want to go back!?!?" The answer was "Yes". He said he wanted to be done with school by the time Maddyn was done with Kindergarten.

So he went back to accomplish getting his Masters.

He has given up family time, datenights, and sleep to get this done... all while providing for our family.

I know Robbie has worked hard to get this goal accomplishment. So, this year as Maddyn started first grade, he turned in his last assignment.

I think goals are important... It gives you reasons to strive for better things in life. I am thankful that Robbie has accomplished another goal that means so much to him.

We are not sure exactly what having a masters degree will mean for him... but I am sure that there are only good things ahead!

I am thankful for the husband that I have. Degree or no degree.... I have never met a man that has such respect and dedication for his family and friends.

(To Robbie)
I wish I could sum up in words just how much you mean to me...but I don't think those words exist.

I am looking forward to this new chapter in our lives of NO SCHOOL!


PS-Just for the record...I am all for a PHD...but just take a little break :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment