August 19, 2010



Tonight as a family we will celebrate a really special birthday.

My father-in-law Rob.

Three years ago he was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer.... and given months to live. Here it is today, and he is turning another year older.

As of last month he was cancer free... so this is truly as special day to be thankful for another year with him.

Rob has more life in him than anyone I know.... and just might be on of the best father-in-laws I know.

For me he is really special. My dad died when I was 12, and so I feel really blessed to have married into a family that is really great.

So to me... he is the best dad I know!

And.... not only do I love birthdays, so do my kids!

They woke up so excited to see him and have cake with him.

The whole day has been spent counting down till the hour we see him.

Brock and I spent the day shopping (for the man that has everything)! He kept telling me with each thing we bought... "mom that is just not enough, we need to find him more". Hopefully he likes what we got. It is useful!

So, to the man that:

Fixes everything for us...

Helps Robbie with car issues....

and who Brock loves more than anyone else
(I think because of your same passion for cars)....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

There is no other MR. MR.... like YOU!

0 comments:

Post a Comment