August 1, 2010




It's the beginning of the next 365 days.

Although I might be late in getting this up... it is still August 1st!

I am going to cheat a little to start... This photos is not a new photo..It is actually one of my very first photos I every took professionally.

It is of my daughter Maddyn.

I feel like if I am going to share important moments with everyone over this next year, I need to go back to the start of it all... My Daughter.

I have always loved photos. I love looking at all different types of photos, but I especially love the photos that capture an expression that is priceless.

My daughter captured my heart like no one else. She has these almond shaped eyes that were just stunning... and a smile to go along with it. She also had these serious faces that were just as priceless.

When it came time to get some photos done, I just wanted to capture her personality so looking back I would always remember her at this age.

No one seemed to be able to capture her... and get those moments.

So wanting these photos so bad, I decided to do them myself.

With a little luck, I was able to mentor alongside another photographer, and it started a journey I never imagined I would be on today.

These are photos from my very first professional studio session that I did with her. I am so glad I have these to look back at. She still has those almond shaped eyes, and she still gets that same serious look from time to time.

Maddyn is now 6... and is still my favorite person to photograph. I feel very blessed to be the one that gets to capture so many of her moments in time.

She reminds me a lot of myself and even more my Grandmother. I am glad that she shares our passion for serving people and being a good friend.

She is the start of it all, and I am thankful for her (for so many reasons).

I love you Maddyn.

0 comments:

Post a Comment