August 20, 2010


Happy Birthday Jason!

Last night we celebrated a birthday with one of our very best friends. (Along with his wife KIM!)

I have to take you back in time.... It's important for the story.

Growing up, my husband and I knew a great couple through our church that were just amazing people. The Sugai's. The husband of this couple would later become my husbands small group leader (mentor) and later a good friend. I tell you this because we grew up in a town where people grew up together and just stayed close. The Sugai's were not only wonderful people they had a great group of friends to share life with.

So making the move out here was really hard for us. We left behind friends that we always thought we would do life with... but were now realizing that we were going to be on our own for a while. And to be honest it was a little lonely for the first few years.... and we talked all the time about "will we ever have friends like the Sugai's?".

We wondered if it was possible to meet such great people in such a big city.... ????

Then we met the Riggs. Little did we know at that time, they would become our friends that we do life with!

I cannot tell you exactly how our friendship became what it is today. I do know a few date nights turned into more date nights and then more date nights.... and then family trips.... and couple trips.... and here we are today.

I could tell you so many funny things... but I will save that for another blog post.

There have been so many moments where they have helped us figure out what to do next in life. Helping us make hard life decisions.

They are friends that have just the best hearts. They truly care about people and love people.

I have met very few people in life that would give you anything you would need just because. They are both people that I look up to and respect.

I have learned so many things from them along the way... but I am especially thankful for they way they talk about issues and take time to decide on what is truly the right decision for them and their family. They have shown us that there is a perfect timing for everything that happens in life and it doesn't always have to happen right then and there.

The reason why I am especially thankful for this new wisdom in my life... and am grateful I have gotten to see how waiting can be more rewarding that the "quick fix".... is because of our current situation with our adoption. Waiting for that right time has made all the difference in this whole situation. We have been able to save money for it (not needing to take out loans) and now we will begin a waiting period till we get our referral (child). This is going to take months.... But I can say today that I know God has a plan for our lives and the wait will be worth it. I have this outlook on life... only because of great friends that have set this example for us.

I can go on and on about just how much they mean to us...but I cannot think of the perfect words.... So with that being said...

Happy Birthday!

I am so glad that we get to share life with such amazing people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment