August 14, 2010


Datenights!

I love date nights!

I feel if there is one thing that my husband and I have always done right.... it's been scheduled date nights.

I love looking back at our first year of marriage... when a date night was a split meal and water. We had no money, but we knew it was important to get out and be with each other. So our $20 dollars a week went a long ways.

Now with kids, we have to plan a little in advance.... and some datenights happen at home. But it is the preplanned nights that make us look forward to no kids and just each other.

I always tell new married couples to have datenights... even when kids come. It is just time you need to catch-up and connect with each other.

Sometimes our nights out are just fun, sometimes they are serious, and sometimes we bring a pad of paper to do pros and cons about decisions we need to make... but this allows us to always be on the same page.

I feel very blessed that I have a husband that plans a lot of our nights out... but am also just thankful that 8 years later he is still my best friend. You will get to hear more about my husband next week, when I write about a HUGE accomplishment he is about to accomplish!

Thanks for the great night!

PS... we went to Fired up Grill and it was great. Another local place that I would recommend! Plus I loved our short, little Italian waiter... Guido!

0 comments:

Post a Comment