August 16, 2010


birth·day

\ˈbərth-ˌdā\

noun

the day of a person's birth

_______________________________

Birthdays.

I LOVE BIRTHDAYS! And this week is birthday week for our family.

My father-in-law and two good friends will all celebrate another year this week.

I have always loved birthdays... from the time I could remember.

When I was little it was more about my own birthday, than anyone else's. I would torment my grandparents with a countdown that began months before my big day. I wanted to make sure they (and the rest of my family) had plenty of time to get plans together. There was just a little issue with my birthday.... My brother's birthday.

It took me years to understand how my brother, who two years younger than me, could have a birthday that was the day before mine.... and I am talking years. I think the last birthday I cried about this issues was when I was twelve... that is along time!

I will say now that I do enjoy the fact that he was almost born on my birthday... and it is easy to celebrate it all in one weekend... although it was much easier when we lived minutes away from each other.

Although birthdays were more about myself as a child... I have matured (somewhat) and I do look forward to birthdays in general.

Since having children, for me birthdays have come to be a time to reflect back on a year full of memories. I try not to get too sad that I wont do ________ again, or my kids won't _________ again... but more enjoy that time we had and look forward to the next year and all the memories that we will continue to have.

As an adult it is fun to be with close friends on our birthdays, and be able to say... remember when you turned ___ and we did_____.

Birthdays are just special days, and bring memories that are unforgetable!

Happy Birthday to everyone that will celebrate this week! I look forward to blogging about those that I will see this week to honor your special day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment