September 25, 2010



{Blog Part 1 of 2}

I get lots of calls.... but this call was a first. This (wonderful) mother-to-be, wanted to interview me to be her family photographer. I meet with lots of brides, but had never been interviewed to be some one's family photographer. So I thought sure why not. And a week (or so) later I met Amiti and her husband. (By the way... her husband is great for the sole reason that he went with her to meet photographers, my husband would not have done that.)

I remember sitting with them, talking about their baby to come... they were not finding out what they were having (which is something I could never do since I cannot keep or be kept from a secret). We chatted... and as they left I thought "what a great family".

I told my husband that I knew this family would make an impact on me for the better.... and she has. Her emails have brought more laughter into my life than I ever thought possible. I love that she is who she is, and it is what it is. I don't even have the words to tell you how great she is. I can only imagine those that are close to her, and how loved she is.

I look forward to any get together with her, and feel honored that she picked me to capture some wonderful moments in her family's lives.

I was there for the birth of Talin, and will be there for his 1st birthday in a few weeks.

{Ami}... thanks for a friendship that inspires me to be a better person and some really great laughs along the way! It's the little things you say and do that make such a difference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment