September 18, 2010


It was a beautiful day...

A little rain in the morning and from there on out it was perfect.

Weddings are good at bring out thoughts and emotions that you don't think about on a daily base....

I got up this morning, said a prayer for the day, their wedding, and their new marriage.

Then I started thinking about when Phil and I were kids....

I am not sure I was a great sister, but then again

I gave him awesome haircuts....

set good boundaries (when it came to the couch if he crossed onto my side, he got kicked)...

I taught him to share (I stole his GI Joe's, and force him to share with me)....

I made him believe Barbies were cool (he did marry a blond)...

and I am pretty sure I talked him into doing anything dangerous that I did not want to do first (I cannot remember if any of those events ever landed us in the ER???).

What else would a great sister do??? (hahah)

On a serious note: I really love his boy, and I am really thankful and proud that he found such a wonderful woman to share life with.

My brother walked me down the isle 8 years ago, and for me and my husband... it's been a great marriage. Today, I have hopes and dreams that he will get to share all the wonderful things that marriage brings with his new wife today.

I remember what a cute little boy Phil was years ago, and he has turned out to be a great man today.... Congratulations {Phil and Ash}... I love you both!

Welcome to a (small) but great family!

0 comments:

Post a Comment