September 21, 2010


Barbara… we go way back.

I she the longest friend that I have had in my life.

I met her in Jr. High. I believe in Science Class…. And lived only a few blocks from her. I don’t remember the day we met or how, but I do remember her saving me from a girl named Jackie in that science class (Jackie loved to pick on me… and Barb saved me from her a few times).

There have been a lot of fun times along the way….

Church trips….

College Roommate….

Weddings (for me… soon for her???)….

Moves….

Girl Trips….

She is that person in my life (and for so many others) that is always there. Even with distance separating us today, she is still that person in my life that I can call and trust any detail of life with. She has a heart that only few have, and goes above and beyond for everyone she knows.

I love and respect her for so much along the way…. And (once again) don’t have the right words to tell her how much she could possibly mean to me.

She is the person that kept my faith alive with times were hard, the one who stood by my side on my wedding day, the one who picked me up as I struggled in those early years as a young mom, and is still the one I would turn to in time of joy or need.

To Barb: I love you. My life is better because of you today. You have inspired me more than you will know. I am your number one fan in life… and in this next year… even with distance between us… I will be celebrating the journey you will be on and am so happy for you and all the joyous things you have in your life. I love your family (and I thank them for adopting me for so many years). I still to this day look at the simple things your parents did and mimic them today. It’s an honor to have you as my kid’s (adopted) Aunt Barb!

0 comments:

Post a Comment