January 24, 2011


I am really excited to write about my next blog... but I have to finish off my "being more simple" topic with our WAGON!

It doesn't get more simple than this...

First, I want to start by saying the simple features of this car remind me of when I was little riding in my grandfather's car. I loved the gear handle and the click it made.... it was like the car was saying "get ready... our journey starts now". I loved the smell of the air fresheners he always had (you know those tree things). Then I loved the click of the seat belt... odd I know!

Guess what... I now have my very own car that has all of these features.

A few years back my father-in-law, brother-in-law and husband all bought a red station wagon (wood grained side). I loved it, and have missed it since my father-in-law sold it. It was great... our whole (and by whole I mean all 9 of us) could go anywhere together in it. Plus... the rear facing window is awesome!

So, about a month ago, we sat at dinner with my husbands parents... talking about a bigger car. Then I said... "what about a wagon?"... got on eBay... found this one... thought that's different, practical, and affordable! Let's get it! So we did!

Most of you know I have a wonderful car now... but the wagon is like driving your couch around. So comfortable! I will miss the auto drive function on my car now... but I will survive!

The kids love it... it has pop doors, DVD player, Flo master exhaust (I have no idea what Flo master exhaust is...?... but this car has it).

I love it when the kids say.. "mom ____ is great". It usually has to do with some old function that they have never seen before. Like the cigarette tray on the doors... ha ha. They think it is a storage cup... good luck fitting anything in it though. I feel like they are getting to experience a piece of history.

Anyways... simple.....loving life for the small things it has to offer....

0 comments:

Post a Comment