Boston... Three months later












It's LONG overdue for a BLOG ENTRY... but to be honest, in the last few months there have been more changes in my life than ever before and I just didn't know where to start.

I first have to start by saying thanks to all of you for your support in the last few months. It was so hard to leave a life we LOVED, to go someplace so foreign to us. However, all of you had nothing but kind words to say as we left Arizona. It may not seem like you did anything, but when you go someplace where you know no one, you hold tight to the times spent with friends and the words of encouragement you all shared with us.

My life is 100% different... Let me share a few key things!

1. A quarter is my #1 friend! When they say it only takes one time to learn quickly... it's true. The second day I was here, I ventured to Trader Joes, only to find the parking lot (has about 20 spots) was full and I had no quarters for street parking. So my 30 minute, 2.0 mile trip got me no groceries! I went back the next day with a roll of quarters!

2. Which brings me to point #2... don't buy more than you can carry to your apartment. Unless you want to make 5 trips!

3. I can usually run someplace faster than I can drive. It takes me longer to drive, find parking and pay than it does to just walk or run!

4. I was excited to leave Scorpions, only to be greeted by furry spiders...

5. My living space which had thousands of square feet, has been simplified to 900 square feet! It's the most efficient way of living, and I will say.... we use every inch!

6. Don't assume a one lane is a two lane or a two lane is a one lane. If someone wants to get someplace, they will make up their own lanes and laws to get there. Once I even saw a man use a sidewalk as the third lane. Just honk if all else fails.

7. If you take the "T"... Don't look like you have no idea what you are doing! You will stand out :) Although, I did make a friend!

8. Don't pull out into a crosswalk... Cops will beat on your window and call you stupid. Has not happened to me... but I do think it is funny when I witness this!

9. When it comes to traffic signals, you can usually never turn right on a red, there are normal lights, mixed with arrow lights, mixed with a lot of pedestrians.... Plus bikers! It's a miracle that I have not been in an accident yet. (ps... I am a better city driver than my husband!)

10. Finally, Kathy Lee and Hoda are my new best friends. They are on everyday when I get back from taking the kids to school... and are so funny I forget any worries that I might have!

Everyone wants to know if we like it here...

Robbie will tell you I have great days, bad days, but the best days are someplace in between. If there is a city to live in besides Arizona, this is one of the best. The people, things to do, and weather make it a daily adventure.

I feel really blessed in life to have the husband, family and friends I have. I get to be with my kids, do what I love and support my husband in his career. So even on the days I wonder "what have we done", I know it was the right decision and I am loving the city life more and more everyday.

I am adding some photos of the city that I took when our friends, the Riggs came to visit! Plus a photo of my new friend here... Jodi! The kids love her, she has amazing energy, and has made the adjustment to Boston 100x easier!

PS... to all my mommy friends who love Target: It's become a luxury to me to go travel to the closest Target and spend the morning there. It's about 30 minutes away in no traffic and definitely a place I took for granite! However, I have saved $100's!

0 comments:

Post a Comment